Sex and the weightroom

By Max Klein

Bigger breasts for women, more endurance for men, more sex for both.

Abraham Lincoln once said: "If I were given six hours to chop down a tree, I would spend the first four sharpening the axe."

Lincoln was saying preparation is the key to success and time spent on self-improvement is worth it.

Benefits of regular exercise includes a higher energy level, higher self-esteem, increased concentration, reduced risk of heart disease, an improved immune system, less risk of cancer, reduced stress, lower blood pressure, longer life expectancy and an improved quality of life. Just in case you are having trouble finding any more reasons to work out, we are now told by doctors at Harvard Medical School that people who hit the gym regularly are more sexually active and derive more enjoyment from love-making. They tell us that fitness gives us greater sexual confidence and frequency and an enhanced ability for arousal and ability to achieve orgasm.

Harvard doctors say that physically fit people have greater blood flow to all parts of the body (including the penis for men, and the breasts for women). For women this means that their breast size will actually increase, and for men this means increased enjoyment–and on average, more endurance–during sex. Doctors say that men who work out have significantly less incidences of impotency.

Exercise, especially aerobic, causes the release of endorphins in your brain. These opiate-like chemicals are said to increase sex drive and create a sense of well-being. Aerobics at least three times a week for 20 minutes can improve self-esteem, self-confidence, and body image–all important factors in attracting the opposite sex.

With regular exercise not only are you more receptive to sex, but you get more too! People who are physically fit derive more enjoyment from sex and are also more sexually active. Just one more reason to hit the gym.