Staying abreast of sexual awareness

By Dale Miller

Performers for the Sexual Health Awareness Show discovered assless chaps are, in fact, not allowed in MacEwan Student Centre after several complaints were made to Campus Security.

Students’ Union Events Commissioner Al Stanford, who organized the event, is still happy with the outcome, complaints and all.

“This has exceeded expectations, we figure almost 2,000 people have passed through the doors,” said Stanford. “I’ve had both positive and negative responses, but most people leave with a curious gay smile.”

The performers, who are members of the Nasty Girls entertainment group, attracted attention from students as they strolled through the MSC food court to promote the show, dressed only in revealing chain mail bikinis.

According to Stanford, after Campus Security expressed concerns over the lack of fabric in the costumes, the performers were cooperative in covering up.

Nasty Girl Honey Houston has an interesting perspective when it comes to the sexual acceptance of students at the U of C, being both an exotic dancer and full time philosophy student. She hopes that the week will help U of C students loosen up when it comes to sex.

“Being a student and an exotic dancer are in two opposite worlds–doing homework in a strip bar can be interesting,” said Houston. “I hope students at the U of C will get the confidence to try new things. This is the place to expand your mind in different ways.”