Classic Gaming Supplement Introduction

By Jeff Kubik

It’s full of games…

We’re gamers, and for the better part of our lives, we’ve sacrificed blood, sweat and other fluids for these games. Though it’s gratifying to see it all on page, there are still so many things we just didn’t have the space to print.

Final Fantasy, DragonQuest–they’re names so etched in our collective gamer minds it seems sacrilegious to omit them. But they’re there in spirit, rest assured.

So, here is the supplement in all its glory, a towering testament to the ridiculous amount of material we can churn out when asked to reminisce about our beloved games. Gamers aren’t traditionally very active people, but we do love to talk about games.

It’s been a long, strange, digital trip, but it was good to sit down for a while and remember why life’s worth living: wasting time in front of screens of various dimensions and resolutions.

We’re gamers damn it, and if that doesn’t count for something… oh Lord… all the time… all the money… now wait…

The average gamer is 29, and that’s evidence enough that we aren’t children any more, a fact that is almost tragic in and of itself. We can’t be 12 again, can’t vegetate in our friends’ basements and shun the sun.

Sex and beer are poor replacements. There will always be a soft, squishy part left in every former gamer that pines for bean bag chairs plopped in front of a second gen system.

PRESS START…

1. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed
    reading it, you are a great author. I will always bookmark your blog and
    will often come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great posts, have a nice holiday weekend!